Monday 18 October 2021

I Turned 10!

Kia Ora Bloggers!

Welcome to term 4! As you all know we are still in lockdown. Our first class meet was today. The teachers assigned us all to make a blog post about what we did in the holidays. So I said 'I turned 10!' Here's what I did.

For my birthday we got a Llama cake. On it said 'Llamas are cool!' We ate a lot of cake, and you will be happy that we ate it over three days, not one. The day before my birthday, we shared it with my grandparents. On my birthday, we shared it with my friend. And the day after my birthday, we ate it ourselves. 

I got my "llama"* from my parents on the morning of my birthday. I didn't know what a "llama" was before I unwraped it. You see, a "llama" is not a llama. Very confusing. * The "llama" was just a dad joke. It is actually a Lego Hotel.

In the moring I met Anna, who has the same birthday as me, in a little reserve near her house. It is an easy walk to get there. Anyway, I gave her a present and she gave me one too. I gave her a small lego set and she gave me a water-proof swimming bag and some double-sided highlighters. We played around and I went onto her front lawn for a while.

In the afternoon we went to the park to meet up with my friend and her mum. We brought the cake with us because, why not? We met at Potters Park in the band rotunda. We ate cake, I got another birthday present, and my friend and I played on the playground. Then it started to rain. So we gathered up our stuff, said goodbye, and went home. On the way home mum had to pick up the wine she ordered a couple of days before.

My Mum cut my hair! To do this well, we Facetime called my hairdresser to get tips. She cut it to just below my shoulders. There was a lot of hair on the floor when we had finished. I looked like a whole new me. 

In the evening mum cooked my favourite dish. Pork belly with crackling. It was in the oven for 4 1/2 hours and it tasted delicious, as always. On the side, was some cole slaw and mashed kumara. After dinner we watched my choice of TV. I only got to choose an episode of something, which really isn't fair because it was my birthday and I shound have been able to stay up late.

I hope you had as much fun reading about my birthday as I had doing it. Blog you later!












 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Lockdown Birthday, Madeleine! What a memorable occasion and you have recorded so many happy memories. Ka Pai! Having a Llama cake meant it was a large one, so your birthday lasted many days. A great idea. Sharing with friends and family too made your birthday very special. An awesome blog, Madeleine, so much fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous birthday! Llama's are cute aren't day - I would love to see a photo of your cake, it sounds absolutely divine! I'm glad you had such a special lockdown birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY for a long time ago Maddy,
    It was fun meeting you at the top of our lawn. I loved the present that you gave me. It was a lovley BIRTHDAY wasn't Maddy. Congrats on turning double digets 10.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.