Friday 10 September 2021

Create a Planet writing

Kia Ora Bloggers,

Annoyingly we are still in lockdown. Somehow I kind of hope we stay like this for a little longer. I think my wish will come true, because I don't think we are going into level 2 anytime soon. Anyway, my favourite peice of work this week would probably be Monday's writing task. We had to get a piece of baking paper and fold it in half lengthways. Then we had to unfold it and on one side starting in the middle, write our first name in linked writing. After that we had to fold it in half again and trace our name on the other side. We had to colour in our name so that it looked at least a bit like an alien. When we were done with our alien we had to write a description of the planet it lived on. Here is my description.

My alien lives on planets Zorg. Planet Zorg has two sides, one that is steaming hot and another that has salt storms and snow. To get on to this planet you have to land a rover from over 1 million miles away because of the planet's gravitational force. The population here is low and there is only about 500 aliens on this planet. The aliens that live here are all the same so the only things unique about this place are the plants. There are many plants here and they are all different. Some of them even look like flip-flops. This planet is famous for its bubbly hot springs and their warm hot chocolates. If you came across this planet looking for resources, you would find a lot of mines inside the Snowy Mountains. Inside these mines there is a lot of silver and iron to collect. Zorg has their very own mining team to help you get all the silver and iron you need. Zorg population use little buggies to get around the planet easily. If you were to get to planet Zorg you would have to travel 1 light year (9.5 trillion km) away!

I hope you like my writing. 

Blog you later!


 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Madeleine. Ka pai! I loved your writing about Planet Zorg. So many clearly written sentences, with a variety of beginnings. I could picture Planet Zorg. Keep up your great distance learning. You are a star on Planet Earth!
    Have a super weekend. Kia Kaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome writing Madi. Long way to go to get a hot chocolate or soak in the hot springs. But guess thats realistic space travel time. Would love to see what your alien looks like. Any chance you can add a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post Maddy!

    I enjoyed reading about your alien and the great Planet Zorg!
    You have described the alien and your planet very well, I can picture it in my mind :)
    Maybe you could give the alien a name?
    Keep up the awesome work :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.